You may be experiencing: Loss of Trust; A feeling that you do not know your partner any more; Conflict; Separation and Divorce; Sexual Difficulties.
The main preparation we need before getting married is not necessarily practical, it is often psychological. We need to understand more deeply ourselves and our partner, what vulnerabilities both of you struggle with; where difficulties might arise and how to keep the relationship nurtured. From my experience I know that most of us have not had much education about what it takes to be in a long term, loving relationship; therefore I will explore the meaning of what marriage is to you both and offer some tools to guide you on your way.
I am continuously supporting my work as a Relationship Therapist by training with the best practitioners in this field.
I have recently completed trainings with world renowned therapists ESTHER PEREL (author of 'Mating in Captivity'; 'The State of Affairs') and TERRENCE REAL (author of 'The New Rules of Marriage').
WORKING WITH ME YOU CAN
- Understand how power and vulnerability work in relationships in order that resentments and pain can be healed.
- Learn better to manage your feelings, care for yourself and find out what your limits are.
- Understand how old behaviour patterns get in the way of you achieving intimacy and for love to start up again.
- Move beyond resentment to understanding.
"If intimacy grows through repetition and familiarity, eroticism is numbed by repetition. It thrives on the mysterious, the novel and the unexpected. Love is about having; desire is about wanting." Esther Perel. www.estherperel.com
“As women shut down their needs, they also shut down their sense of pleasure.”
― Terrence Real, How Can I Get Through to You?: Closing the Intimacy Gap Between Men and Women
- I will explore with you what sex means for you and what you seek in sex.
Often couples focus too much on the act of sex and the statistics of it, e.g How often? This can get in the way of desire and freedom.
- Understanding the difference between love and desire can unlock the creativity needed to keep your sex life alive.
- I can help you unlock the issues which have led to sex becoming an issue.
Every couple is unique and therefore I am not prescriptive about homework and tasks to do outside of the the therapy sessions.
The disappointment you can experience in your relationship is inevitable - don't despair.
- Some couples may feel more comfortable and less intimidated working with a FEMALE AND MALE TEAM.
You can meet with myself and a male colleague, highly experienced in couples therapy. www.couplescounsellinglondon.com. For information about fees for sessions with myself and a male therapist, please click on Fees and Contact.